2018 Westchester Walk for Apraxia
Every Child Deserves A Voice
Walk begins at: 10am
While online registration is now closed, you can still join us on walk day! Onsite registration will be available.
Venue: Tibbetts Brook Park
Location: 355 Midland Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704
2 - Team Chris ($4,632.81)
3 - Team Bubbie (Nicholas) ($2,690.00)
4 - Apraxia Avengers ($2,590.00)
5 - CML's Journey ($2,380.00)
6 - Team Joey ($2,102.50)
7 - Team Johnny ($1,875.00)
8 - Aiden & Zachary's Squad ($1,563.75)
9 - Little JS ($757.50)
10 - Team Cooper ($647.50)
Adult Registration: $25.00
Student Registration (Age 18 and up): $17.00
Child Registration (Under 18): $12.00
Want to volunteer for the walk? Click her for more information:
Transportation and Parking:
Please be advised that a recent traffic advisory was released. It states that a portion of the Hutchinson River Parkway, between Exit 6 (I-95) and Exit 15 (Cross County Parkway), is expected to be closed beginning on Friday, September 28 at 11 p.m. and concluding Monday, October 1 at 5 a.m. This may affect those of you traveling from the Bronx, Queens, and Long Island. If in fact the Hutchinson River Parkway is closed, I believe the best alternative route would be to take the Bronx River Parkway North. Please reach out to me if you need information regarding an alternative route to the walk. Free Parking Available!
Free Parking Available!Check-In will take place in front of the Bath House at Tibbets Brook Park. There will be volunteers directing walkers from the parking lot to the bath house.
For a map of the park click here
2018 Westchester Walk for Apraxia
Schedule of Activities
9:00 am: Check-in and Registration
- Take a stroll through the ‘Walk of Our Stars’
- Check-in & pick up your walk day t-shirt
- On-Site Registration & Donation Table
- Icebreaker Bingo – Winner goes home with some awesome Apraxia Kids gear
- Bagels provided by Empire Bagels
- Coffee provided by Starbucks Coffee
- Community Resource Table filled with valuable information and resources for families as well as some fun giveaways!
- Silent Auction
- Social Media Hub: Take a photo with the Walk for Apraxia Frame and grab your team for a Team Photo Shoot so you can enjoy this memory for the years to come. Make sure to use the hashtag #walkforapraxia.
- Reading Activity with WAM! Book Bundle
- Lakeshore Learning Store Craft Table
- Coloring Pages and Craft Activities
- Yard Games: bean bag toss, jumbo legos, inflatable bubble ball, and much more
10:00 am: Opening Ceremony
- Welcome Speech
- National Anthem sung by Mariana and Julie Ann Daza
- Guest Speakers:
- Elaine Dolgin-Lieberman, M.A., CCC-SLP; Member of the Apraxia Kids Professional Advisory Council and recognized by Apraxia Kids™ for Advanced Training and Expertise in Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Karem Isaac, M.S., CCC-SLP; Recognized by Apraxia Kids™ for Advanced Training and Expertise in Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Surprise Special Guest Speaker
- Certificates of Appreciation
- Award Ceremony for our Stars!
- Group Photo
10:45 am: Start of 1-Mile Walk
11:15am: Let the fun begin!!!
- Bossy Frog Band Performance
- Parachute Game
- Pizza from Addeo’s Riverdale Pizzeria
- Cake Pops from Pops by Desiree
- Clown, magician, face painter, balloon making, and cotton candy machine
- 4 Surprise Character Appearances
- Craft table, reading activity and yard games continued
- Silent Auction Closed
- Silent Auction winners claim prizes
Food and Drink:
Coffee and Bagels will be provided prior to the walk.Other refreshments will be provided following the walk.